domingo, 26 de agosto de 2007

Why isn't grammar everything

Imagem: Pixabay
Encontrei este texto no meio de um material sobre gramática que recebi na sessão de treinamento para professores da Richmond. Não sei de quem é a autoria, mas é engraçadíssimo.

Dear Son

Just a few lines to let you know that I am still alive. I am writing this slowly because I know that you can't read fast. You won't recognize the house when you come home. We've moved.

About your father, he has got a lovely new job. He has 500 men under him. He cuts grass at the cemetery. Your sister Mary had a baby this morning. I haven't found out yet whether it's a boy or a girl, so I don't know if you're an aunt or an uncle.

I went to the doctor's on Thursday and your father came with me. The doctor put a small tube in my mouth and told me not to talk for 10 minutes. Your father offered to buy it from him.

Your uncle Patrick drowned last week in a barrel of Irish whiskey at the Dublin brewery. Some of his workmates tried to save him but he fought them off bravely. They cremated him and it took 3 days to put the fire out.

It only rained twice this week, once for 3 days, then again for four days. We had a letter from the undertaker. He said that if the last payment on your grandmother's grave wasn't paid in 7 days, up she comes.

Your loving Mother,
P.S. I was going to send you five pounds, but I've alredy sealed the envelope.

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário